- Flames Rising - http://www.flamesrising.com -
25 Blog Post Ideas for Speak Out with your Geek Out
Posted By Monica Valentinelli On September 8, 2011 @ 4:00 pm In Blogs | No Comments
Before I do, I want to share with you one of the debut posts encouraging people to sign on. Read Speaking Out  by Gary and maybe you’ll get inspired to write your own story.
1. What words of reassurance do you want to share with people who feel embarrassed about their hobbies?
2. Why are you proud to identify yourself as a geek? Can you do this in a way that doesn’t condescend or sound elitist?
3. True confessions: If you have engaged in nerd rage or edition wars, what would you say to someone who said they weren’t going to try your hobby because you were too negative?
4. When was the first time you realized you loved your hobby (or vocation)?
5. For professionals out there, how did you turn your passion for your hobby into a career?
6. Remember a time when someone put you down for the hobbies/vocation you love so much. Now, imagine sitting down to a table and introducing them to your passions and how they make you happy. How would you do it and what would you pick?
7. Is there a hobby or vocation you think you’d be passionate about but haven’t had the time/courage/opportunity to learn?
8. Name someone you admire for their hobbies/vocation. Post an online fan letter telling them how much they inspire you.
9. Teach us something cool about the hobby/vocation that you’re into in a way even beginners will understand.
10. Interview someone you know who’s into a hobby/vocation you know nothing about.
11. Review your favorite book, game, comic or other media in a way that tells us how this property affected you.
12. Come up with your own Speak Out with your Geek Out manifesto. Tell us why this movement is important to you.
13. Talk about something you want or have that represents your hobbies or interests better than anything else.
14. Was there a person in your life who encouraged you or taught you about your hobby or vocation? Write them an online “Thank You” letter.
15. Write a letter to a younger version of yourself. What would you say to inspire you?
16. Share with us the positive aspects of your hobby or vocation on your community.
17. If you’ve dealt with stereotypes and name-calling before because of your hobbies, how did you persevere?
18. Photo bomb! Show us pictures of your favorite geek-or-vocation related activity.
19. Geeks are often stereotyped. Write your own, positive geek stereotype that turns the negative around.
20. Give us ten reasons why it’s good to be a geek.
21. Start an internet meme that tackles your interests. Then tag us to respond.
22. Did you abandon your favorite hobby or interest because you didn’t have the time? Pick a night and dive back in. Then write about it!
23. Dig deep and tell us how your hobby or vocation has made your life, or the world around you, a better place.
24. For professionals: If you have a product, website or service to sell, share with us your passion for what you have created or what you have to offer. This isn’t a chance to use marketing-speak on us, be genuine!
25. For professionals: Sponsor a give-a-way or contest on your blog to encourage people to share your interests.
Article printed from Flames Rising: http://www.flamesrising.com
URL to article: http://www.flamesrising.com/25-blog-post-ideas-for-speak-out-with-your-geek-out/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.speakoutwithyourgeekout.com
 Speaking Out: http://behindthemantle.blogspot.com/2011/09/speaking-out.html
Copyright © 2009 Flames Rising. All rights reserved.