Posted on October 2, 2012 by Flames
These are the final days-
The signs are clear:
Even our pups know
That this is the age of the Apocalypse!
Werewolf the Apocalypse roared into hobby games in 1992, inspiring a generation of fans to stand up and howl their defiance at a corrupted world in a battle they knew they were doomed to lose. WtA presented the Garou: creatures at once both man and wolf, and filled with a Rage against the evils that would destroy and corrupt both the natural and spirit worlds. Capable of transforming into a variety of forms and blessed with Gifts that enabled superhuman and supernatural powers, the Garou fought many foes, always knowing that in the end they would fall. But what stories would be told and what songs sang of their exploits!
This epic tragic story, combined with the unwavering dedication of an unparalleled fan base, is the reason this book is being published. Werewolf: The Apocalypse – 20th Anniversary Edition brings the entire World of Darkness experience full circle and will serve as the perfect anniversary milestone to celebrate two decades of gaming the epic sagas of the Garou.
What’s in it?
• All thirteen original tribes, tribe variants and Lost Tribes, with their signature Gifts and Rites updated from the Werewolf: The Apocalypse Revised tabletop rules.
• Rules for character creation and advancement.
• Gifts from level one through six, including expanded lists.
• Updated setting to the modern nights.
• New full color original art by Ron Spencer, John Bridges, Steve Prescott, Dan Brereton, Richard Kane Ferguson, and other classic “Apocalypse” artists, as well as classic B&W pieces carefully chosen from the earlier editions.
The Humans have Corrupted the Earth
Destroyed the Trees
Slaughtered the Beasts
Choked the Air
Poisoned the Soil
Clogged the Waters
Unleashed the Eternal Fire
This Deluxe Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter is designed to enable us to create a deluxe hardcover edition that stands proudly on its own as an amazing volume, or with Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition. This Deluxe W20 is planned as a black leatherette (with a different pattern than the Deluxe V20) hardcover with an inset disk on the spine featuring the W20 round symbol, with 520+ full color, silver-edged, interior pages, and a red silk ribbon bookmark. Most importantly, unlike the Deluxe V20 cover embossing, the Deluxe W20 features claw marks die-cut right through the front cover in the tradition of the first two WtA editions.
Find out more information and back this project at Kickstarter.com!