- Flames Rising - http://www.flamesrising.com -
Firefly Echoes of War: Thrillin’ Heroics
Posted By Flames On August 11, 2014 @ 10:45 am In News | No Comments
ECHOES OF WAR: THRILLIN’ HEROICS  combines the first four stand-alone adventures in the Echoes of War line released on DriveThruRPG with the SERENITY CREW release into one, easy-to-reference PDF. These Episodes were written by Margaret Weis, Andrew Peregrine, Monica Valentinelli, and Nicole Wakelin. Featured artists include Ben Mund, Beth Sobel, Jennifer Rodgers, Kurt Komoda, and Melissa Gay!
Included in this compilation you will receive a single PDF with the following five FIREFLY RPG Cortex Plus releases, which are all available separately:
* Serenity Crew – Serenity Crew allows you to spend your days playing Mal, Zoe, Wash, Kaylee, Inara, Jayne, Simon, Book, or River. If you’re the type that wants to try something new, take a gander at the twelve archetypes we’re offering you, too. If the math’s right, that’s twenty-one different options for you to play a character in the ‘Verse. The rules in this release were expanded upon in the Firefly RPG corebook. Written by Monica Valentinelli and Cam Banks.
* Wedding Planners – During the War, some folks chose a side and others pitted the Alliance and the Independents against each other for fun and profit. Well, mostly profit. Enter Templeton Steele, a powerful weapons designer whose bride-to-be is none other than the lovely Liliana Fairchild. Now, on account of these two lovebirds getting hitched, you and your crew are hired to transport Lilly to a fancy ship called the Rim’s Dream. Sounds easy enough, right? Unite the happy couple and they’ll get paid? Only thing is, this Princess ain’t exactly happy about the wedding. The more you find out, the worse this job gets – and the less chance you have of getting paid. Written by Margaret Weis.
* Shooting Fish – The War may be over, but there’re still plenty of bad people looking to do bad things, and they don’t seem to need war as an excuse to come after their fellow man neither. Some folk will happily turn out a bunch of orphans to make themselves a few coins. Buzzard Lake is one such fella, but like all men he’s got a weakness. He don’t like to lose. That’s where you and your crew come in. Lake needs to learn what second place feels like, and you’re gonna teach him. You might even save some orphans in the bargain if he don’t kill you first. Written by Andrew Peregrine.
* Friends In Low Places – Sometimes meeting up with old friends in Serenity View is cause for celebration, but not this time. Over drinks, you and your Crew discover that Monty’s new wife Daisy has gone missing. Worse, your pal thinks that Virgil Morningstar, a Guild trader with a heap of Alliance connections, had something to do with her disappearance. By the time you find out Daisy ain’t the only one who’s vanished, you and your Crew’ll be neck-deep in trouble and hard-pressed to find your way out of it. Thing is, if you do unravel this little mystery, you’ll claim a big reward and be heroes to boot. Written by Monica Valentinelli.
* Freedom Flyer – Folk do what they can to scratch out a living in the ’Verse. Seems like some folk push their luck to scrape by in these tough times. Maggie Miller’s bad history and rotten luck are keeping her from achievin’ her dreams. She wants to get out of the Georgia System to make a fresh start out on the Rim, but she needs three things to do it: a hidden pile of cash, a ship she’s hidden with an old flame, Hollis Mason, and enough leftover credits to wipe Ma Millers’s medical bills clean before she goes. The Crew will have to dig for treasure, outwit a wily Alliance officer, and steal a ship hidden in orbit to help Maggie safely on her way. Trouble is, there’s a kind of hitch: Hush Jackson, a tough-as-nails bounty hunter who’s hopin’ to cash in on Maggie’s head. Will the Crew turn Maggie over for the bounty? Or, will they help Maggie out and pray there is enough cash left over to cover their costs?
Please note that the rules for these four Episodes may vary slightly from what we offered originally. After compiling these adventures, we rules edited each Episode and made a few tweaks. Both versions of each individual Episode are still compatible with the Firefly RPG corebook  or, alternatively, may be run as a stand-alone Episode. For a full list of credits, be sure to click on the links to each individual release. Shiny!
Edited By: Sally Christensen
Rules Editing: Mark Diaz Truman
Developed By: Rob Wieland and Monica Valentinelli
Systems Design By: Cam Banks, Dave Chalker, Philippe-Antoine Menard, Rob Wieland, and Mark Diaz Truman
Art Director: Thomas Deeny
Firefly Echoes of War: Thrillin’ Heroics is available now at the Flames Rising RPG Shop !
Article printed from Flames Rising: http://www.flamesrising.com
URL to article: http://www.flamesrising.com/firefly-rpg-thrillin-heroics/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://flamesrising.rpgnow.com/product/133310?src=FlamesRising
 Firefly RPG corebook: http://flamesrising.rpgnow.com/product/128012?src=FlamesRising
Copyright © 2009 Flames Rising. All rights reserved.