Posted on January 11, 2015 by Monica Valentinelli
I had one of those moments a few weeks back, the kind where you’re forced to stop and wonder what you’ve been up to for the past several months. We were driving through the redwoods, and we stopped at the base of a very large tree. I suppose that’s an understatement, given the fact that they are, indeed, “the” redwoods, but to actually be there… To listen to nothing–no birds, no frogs, no crickets–nothing… The only bit that’s left when there’s total silence is either that or the thoughts swirling around in my head. Usually it’s the latter, which often turns into some musical refrain. Sadly.
Anyway, the big question that popped into my head was: “Have I done enough?” Did I accomplish my goals for 2015? This year, I’m happy to say, yes. Yes, I did. I wound up doing more than I initially anticipated, and managed to achieve said goals on top of major life upheaval (moving) and family medical emergencies.
This may not sound all that exciting to you, but the fact that I was able to go through over a million+ words and put a nail in 2014’s project management plans despite Real World Concerns is a huge deal for me!
In 2014, these were the games and supplements that were released:
- THINGS DON’T GO SMOOTH, Firefly RPG Supplement, 2014, Margaret Weis Productions
- CROSSROADS DRIFTERS, Geist Ready Made Characters, 2014, Onyx Path Publishing
- ECHOES OF WAR: THRILLIN’ HEROICS, Firefly RPG supplement, 2014, Margaret Weis Productions
- BUCKING THE TIGER, Firefly RPG Episode, 2014, Margaret Weis Productions
- MORTAL REMAINS, Hunter: the Vigil supplement, 2014, Onyx Path Publishing
- FIREFLY RPG COREBOOK, 2014, Margaret Weis Productions
- UNFRAMED: The Art of Improvisation for Game Masters, “Building Worlds by the Seat of your Pants,” 2014, Engine Publishing
I’m very grateful to see all of this work make the light of day. Many, if not all, of these releases are eligible for industry awards as well. Hope you count some of these among your favorites!
A huge “thank you” to my collaborators and business partners, my writers, editors, and artists, and to my fans and readers for your support. It’s been a great year, and I’m really looking forward to 2015!!!