- Flames Rising - https://www.flamesrising.com -
D&D: Sword Coast Legends coming to Mac and Linux
Posted By Flames On June 2, 2015 @ 4:58 pm In News | No Comments
Independent developers, n-Space and Digital Extremes, announced today that their upcoming Sword Coast Legends™, a party-based RPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast, will be released simultaneously on Steam for Windows PC, Mac and Linux operating systems in Q3 2015.
“For far too long, passionate and dedicated Mac and Linux RPG gamers have been left out in the cold, forced to watch from the sidelines as the industry focused efforts on just a select few platforms. That ends today,” said Dan Tudge, President of n-Space and Director for Sword Coast Legends. “With Sword Coast Legends, we are dedicated to delivering exactly the sort of classic, D&D, RPG gaming experience fans on every platform have been clamoring for. More importantly, we’re committed to providing the community with the largest possible pool of adventurers and prospective Dungeon Masters by ensuring that all gamers can play together regardless of which operating system they use.”
Sword Coast Legends fully supports cross platform network play on any mix of Windows, Mac and Linux machines. As further proof of the team’s shared commitment to gamers on all desktop platforms, each Sword Coast Legends Steam key can be redeemed for the player’s platform of choice.
When Sword Coast Legends releases later this year, it will introduce an entirely new way to play Dungeons & Dragons with Dungeon Master Mode and its introduction of real-time, active and reactive Dungeon Mastering. While Dungeon Master Mode is a truly innovative RPG “game changer,” Sword Coast Legends will also feature a massive single player campaign and complex storyline, deep character customization, engrossing party-based gameplay and NPC interactions, an epic orchestral soundtrack, high-quality professional voice-over production, and much, much more.
Announced in February, Sword Coast Legends has already captured the imaginations of RPG gamers worldwide and its first showing in March has generated overwhelmingly positive feedback to date, including:
· “I love the idea of the Dungeon Master as an active participant in the adventure, able to tailor each encounter to the strengths and weaknesses of the adventuring party based on the fly. And random DM loot drops? That’s just Christmas.” (Kotaku)
· “Sword Coast Legends is the closest you can get to real D&D without a d20.” (Digital Trends)
· “No video game has ever captured the essence of tabletop role-playing. Which explains why I was so excited when I left my demo of Sword Coast Legends last week.” (PC World)
· “Clearly, I’m excited for the DM features in Sword Coast Legends. Designing encounters seemed quick, easy, and intuitive – and for an added bit of hilarity, the DM can also assume direct control of powerful boss monsters…” (GamesRadar)
Sword Coast Legends is currently available for pre-order at the limited and discounted price of $34.99. Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Editions, which include a tome of knowledge, cloth map of the Sword Coast, the official soundtrack, numerous in-game bonuses, starter items and DM abilities as well as a statue of Belaphoss (Collector’s Edition) are also available for pre-order for $59.99 and $239.99, respectively. To learn more about Sword Coast Legends, pre-order a copy or participate in the community, please visit the official website at: SwordCoast.com .
Article printed from Flames Rising: https://www.flamesrising.com
URL to article: https://www.flamesrising.com/sword-coast-legends-to-mac/
URLs in this post:
 SwordCoast.com: https://swordcoast.com
 Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Release : https://www.flamesrising.com/dnd-4th-weekend/
Copyright © 2009 Flames Rising. All rights reserved.