Posted on July 22, 2008 by Flames
Publisher to unveil new exclusive comics, special announcements and a host of guests.
Top Cow Productions Inc. announced its schedule today for this week’s San Diego Comic-Con, the nation’s biggest and best comics and pop culture extravaganza to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California from July 23 – 27.
Top Cow will set up shop at Booth #2329 and heads into the convention with exclusives, preview books, free goodies and a long list of guests, headlined by Top Cow CEO and founder Marc Silvestri (Witchblade, The Darkness, Cyberforce), artist J.G. Jones (Wanted) and writer Paul Dini (Madame Mirage).
Actor and producer Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Family Guy) and writer Hugh Sterbakov will be on hand to sign copies of their new Freshmen comic, Freshmen: Summer Vacation Special and the new Vol. 1 hardcover. During their signing (see schedule below), they will be joined by renowned sculptor Clayburn Moore to premiere the prototype of the Nightmare Puppeteer Torso Statue, based on the lead female Freshmen character. The limited-run statue will ship in early 2009 but will be available for pre-order at Comic-Con and comes with a signed Certificate of Authenticity and an exclusive mini-litho,
available only at the signing.
The creators behind Broken Trinity, Top Cow’s big summer event that will have far-reaching consequences on the Top Cow Universe, will also be at the show. Writer Ron Marz (Witchblade, Samurai: Heaven and Earth), layout artist Phil Hester (and current writer on The Darkness) and artist Stjepan Sejic (Witchblade) will sign copies of Broken Trinity #1, which features an exclusive variant cover by Sejic. Hester’s partner on The Darkness, artist Michael Broussard (Unholy Union), will also be available for autographs and sketches.
At the Top Cow booth (#2329), the publisher will have the following new products available for fans:
– First Born: Aftermath San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover by Ryan Sook
– Witchblade #118 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover by Marc Silvestri
– Broken Trinity #1 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover by Stjepan Sejic
– Freshmen: Summer Vacation Special San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover by Sheldon Mitchell
– Starfall Preview Book available for free, get an early look at the upcoming sci-fi, fantasy and adventure series by Randy Queen (Darkchylde) and Sarah Oates
– Black Vault / Impaler Preview Book available for free, this flip book features first looks at the space suspense tale Black Vault (formerly Iron Maiden One) by writer B. Clay Moore (Hawaiian Dick) and artist Nelson Blake II (G.I. Jo: Reloaded), and the critically acclaimed vampire story Impaler by writer William Harms (Bad Mojo)
– Available for sale, new posters for Broken Trinity by Dale Keown, Starfall by Randy Queen and Sarah Oates, and Cyblade / Velocity by Stjepan Sejic
– Available for sale, new lithographs for Broken Trinity, Freshmen, Madame Mirage and reprints of Wanted and The Darkness
– Available for sale, new T-shirts by Swagdog, plus get a glimpse at a new line of tees from Iron Fist
Top Cow will also present a panel on Saturday, July 26 from 3 4 p.m. in Room 2 of the Convention Center, where attendees can hear exciting announcements about recent film developments and upcoming publishing plans, including new projects from top creators. Panelists will include Marc Silvestri, Seth Green, Paul Dini, Ron Marz and special surprise guests straight from Hollywood. Attendees will also receive a free gift and a special pass to an autograph signing with Freshmen creators Seth Green and Hugh Sterbakov and surprise guests, to take place after the panel at the Top Cow Booth (#2329). One lucky attendee will receive a free piece of original art from Witchblade artist Stjepan Sejic.
Fans will also get the opportunity to meet and talk with their favorite Top Cow creators (please check the booth daily for updates as the schedule is subject to change without notice).
Fans should note that because of anticipated crowding issues, select artists will only be able to do a limited amount of free sketches per sitting. Fans can obtain special sketch tickets in advance for one free sketch by the artist of their choice at the Top Cow booth at the start of each day, first come, first served.
As a bonus, there will be raffle drawings held throughout the weekend for Wanted movie merchandise and original sketches drawn by Top Cow artists.
In addition, the new trailer for the Wanted movie on Blu-ray disc will debut on the monitors at the Top Cow booth.
Top Cow Productions, Inc.