Posted on October 8, 2012 by Flames
Archaia ends its 2012 convention season in grand style at the largest comics and pop culture convention on the East Coast, highlighted by over 100 autograph signing sessions, a slew of convention exclusives, new book debuts, and a special appearance by Brian Froud
Award-winning publisher Archaia Entertainment (Booth #1520) is excited to announce its plans for New York Comic Con, taking place October 11-14, 2012 at the Javits Center in New York City!
• Archaia will present three panels at New York Comic Con:
How to Prepare an Effective Submission
Friday, 10/12 5:15-6:15pm, Room 1A06
Want to pitch your idea as a graphic novel? Archaia editors and a pair of Archaia creators—Feeding Ground’s Swifty Lang and Pantalones, TX’s Yehudi Mercado—show what should go into an effective submission.
Transmedia in Graphic Novel Publishing
Saturday, 10/13 6:30-7:30pm, Room 1A06
In this information-filled panel, fans will be treated to exclusive announcements, images, and videos on three properties poised for a transmedia explosion—Cyborg 009, Hawken: Genesis, and Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe—with Archaia’s upcoming graphic novels providing a cornerstone in each campaign.
How to Tell a Better Story Through World-Building
Sunday, 10/14 1:15-2:15pm, Room 1A08
Listen is as Archaia master storytellers David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl), and Sean Rubin (Redwall, the upcoming Bolivar) share how to create a better story through world-building, from characters and costumes, to settings and environment, to culture and history.
• Former Jim Henson collaborator and fantasy superstar Brian Froud (The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth) and his wife, Wendy, will be on hand to autograph copies of the hardcover graphic novel, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Limited to 100 pieces each, exclusive tip-ins for upcoming Archaia graphic novel hardcovers Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastian and Iron: Or, the War After by Shane-Michael Vidaurri. Bastian and Vidaurri will be on hand to autograph the tip-ins. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Over 100 autograph sessions are scheduled at the Archaia booth throughout the weekend, featuring over 40 creators. Check the Archaia booth, the Archaia website (www.archaia.com), or your favorite comics news website for the full schedule.
• Free, convention-exclusive autograph cards for upcoming Archaia titles will be available while supplies last, with their creators on hand to sign them. These titles include: Bolivar; Cyborg 009; The Joyners in 3D; Mumbai Confidential; Pantalones, TX; The Reason for Dragons; Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe; Spera Vol. 2; and Strange Attractors.
• Archaia partner Meteor Entertainment will set up four gaming stations at the Archaia booth to demo their upcoming, free-to-play, online mech game, Hawken. The open beta launches 12/12/12, followed in March 2013 by an Archaia prequel graphic novel tied into the game. Hawken creator and designer Khang Le will be on hand to sign exclusive autograph cards. Check signing schedule for times.
• Three new hardcovers will debut at the Archaia booth: Last Days of an Immortal by Fabien Vehlmann and Gwen de Bonneval (translated from the French edition), The Grand Duke by Yann and Romain Hugault (translated from the French edition), and Mouse Guard Winter 1152 Black and White by David Petersen.
• Archaia will give away copies of its highly sought-after Free Comic Book Day hardcover from earlier this year to kids for the length of the show, while supplies last.
• Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set designer Luke Crane will be on hand on Friday and Sunday to demo the game for curious players. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Creator Charles Soule will have limited copies available of a 26-page preview of his upcoming Archaia hardcover graphic novel, Strange Attractors.
• Each day of the con, Archaia CCO Mark Smylie will conduct a limited number of portfolio reviews at the booth. Slots are limited, so sign up at the booth for that day’s session while space lasts.
Archaia is located on the New York Comic Con show floor at Booth #1520. For more information about New York Comic Con, visit www.newyorkcomiccon.com.